Sunday, November 4, 2007

Just Another Day I Need To Work On Sunday~~~ Shit Lar~~~

What a nice morning today...
Not too hot and not too cold... Cloudy but not raining and not humid...
But too bad instead of lying on the bed and doing nothing...
I need I to go to the office for the disaster recovery drill or DR drill in short...
I just don't understand why this company would required so much of such activities...
Fire drill lar... Emergency drill lar... Call Tree exercise lar...
Perhaps the bank was really that kia-si until they can't even effort to have a day of downtime... ^^...
Anyway... DR drill basically is just an exercise to bring down all the system supporting the bank operation...
And we will try to bring up the backup DR box to make sure that the bank will still be able to operate as usual even the terrorist just bombed the bank IT headquarter...

It was a Sunday but the office was never been so lively before... ^^...
Almost all the support teams was there...
Getting ready to witness the disastrous moment when their system was bring down by the data center in Hong Kong...
And praying hard that nothing really disastrous will pop up when the backup system was up...
Sometime I just envy at those people from other team...
Their team leaders and managers were there in the office to guide and help the team...
While TheEmperor just throw me the task and leave me there to settle by my own... So sad...
As a first timer that have no idea what or where to start...
A lot of time was wasted on inquiry and waiting...
From 8am to 3pm... A boring 7 hours session... What a waste for a Sunday...
I dropped TheEmperor an email before I left the office...
Telling him that it was done and I wanted to get a replacement leave for today DR Drill...
Even ChinWeeTheSecond already told me that most likely there will not be replacement for DR Drill...
Anyway... Let's cross my finger and pray hard...

+----- -----+

My parent was here in PJ now... Since yesterday actually and will be staying with my sister until monday...
So tonight I went out with them to have a dinner together...
Mom as usual brought me some stuff and food as if PJ was having a drastic food shortage now...
And among all the stuff was a letter from Sony... Which he wrote two months ago...
It was amazing how much things that he could wrote in such a small piece of paper due to limited resources...
And it was kind of sad too to read on this two months old thinking of his...
As I just can't help myself to think that how far away he was...

+----- -----+

An picture of SpongeBob taken yesterday during a terrible traffic jam in KYTheThin car...
Spooky... T_T...


5 comments:

Dragon said...

not u only... me sunday also work la....

Dragon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K3ViN said...

so poor 2 hear tat..... but last time even b4 i working in my own family biz..... i oready work saturday n sunday lor....... extra OT mah :P hehe..... Well wish u good luck in getting extra leave hor :P

Headmaster said...

Ah Leng,
Yalor... Most of the people in IT field need to work OT during weekend... T_T...
So not really complain here...

Taugeh,
Good for you lor...
But in IT hor...
Usually no claim for working OT one...
Very pai mia... T_T...

Dragon said...

me not OT.... me work shift.... hahaha :)