Monday, May 5, 2008

Just Another Climbing Trip to Yong Yap~~~ Day 1~~~ 20080430~~~

Yong Yap... 7110 feet... One of the seven highest peaks in peninsular or also known as G7...
Conquering G7 always the dream of Malaysian mountain lovers...
It was a shame for me to claim that I love mountain climbing but somehow I never heard of Yong Yap... Not even G7... T_T...
I thought I will never going to try any overnight climbing trip ever since the day I injured my knees...
But somehow I signed up this Yong Yap trip on the first day I saw the invitation...
Perhaps my knee was really in good shape recently...
Or perhaps it was just pure fate that bring me to Yong Yap...

On the day before the climb... I took a day off and went to KLCC and got myself a new hair cut
Pray for a smooth trip for my climb while having my vegetarian lunch in the nearby temple... ^^...
Then went for a round at the nearby grocery store just to make sure that I didn't miss out anything...
You know... It had been a while since my last camping trip and I am such a forgetful person... T_T...
I got everything ready at 5pm... Then took my dinner at 6pm... Then left my place at 7pm...
And luckily I met with MayDay on my way to Mantaray house as I was obviously lost and Mantaray seems uncontactable...
By 7:30pm... Everyone was gathered right in front of Mantary house... Our leader of KL team... ^^...
Everything was just perfect... Except Mantaray was missing... T_T...
He only showed up after about 1 hour...
But I didn't blame anything... Everybody need to work anyway...

We departed about one hour late as planned...
And we stopped by for a while at Tapah for dinner...
And finally we managed to reach Tanah Rata at about midnight...
And TheForestGump teacher had just finished the briefing of tomorrow climb... Too bad for me... T_T...
It was really a surprise to me when I found out that there was going to be such a big group of climbers that will join me to Yong Yap on the next day...
A lot of new faces there... Most of the Penang team members that I never met...
And also some of the people that joined together with TheForestGump teacher...
Most of them look so professional and it started to make me nervous...
And I started to feel pain on my knee... Then my ankle... Then my toe... Shit... T_T...
I spent my night in the living room of the chalet that rented by TheForestGump teacher...
No choice... There were such a big group and we were out of room to spare...
And I just can't help myself thinking about would I able to keep up with the gang during the climb tomorrow throughout the whole night... T_T...

By the way... The drive up to Cameron during the night was really an exciting one... ^^...

1 comment:

jepunlauee said...

wah..you finally made it up there..congratulations...
next time post some photos for us to see lah...kekeke..